Responsible for the planning and buying functions as they relate to the Company’s procurement objectives. Assist in determining the material and product needs internally to ensure a smooth flow of material and product availability to meet customer demand. Negotiate Purchase Orders and Contracts as required with Suppliers at lowest optimal cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need, studies market trends. Ensure accuracy in preparation of assigned orders and follows up to coordinate delivery and shipment to meet required due dates. Obtains certifications of delivery and conducts check against order -- expedites as necessary to ensure zero-down time in production. Checks and approves for payment invoices for orders placed; develops and maintains necessary records and files for optimum operation.
Write and approves all Engineering Change Orders for parts responsible to procure along with necessary Deviations to assure parts are available for manufacture or sale of product.
Manages material review board and vendor supply chain management for the corporation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Supplier Pricing Management
- Seek suppliers for production materials as well as other components. Review as needed to certify facilities, capacity, and ability to meet timing and quality objectives. Select and approve as required by departmental guidelines.
- Negotiate prices, terms, delivery methods and order policies.
- Review supplier performance, complete performance report and follow up to ensure quality levels are maintained.
- Take appropriate action to resolve supplier related issues.
- Review, approve and place purchase orders for manufacturing materials per MRP (Material Requirements Planning) system using planned order reports, reorder point reports and other tools available per departmental guidelines.
- Place purchase orders for other departments per approved requisitions as needed.
- Coordinate Engineering / R&D on new projects and non-released products to meet planned goals.
- Assist in the purchasing activities of other departments to ensure proper productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure accuracy of the planning modules of the MRP system by monitoring input and output.
- Monitor sales / service needs to secure a forecast or safety stock per part to support if needed.
- Review inventory levels and maintain proper dollar value guidelines established by finance and management.
- Assist Inventory Coordinator as needed for support and back up.
- Review ECO (Engineering Change Orders) for approval and complete PNAF (Part Number Assignment Form) if applicable and enter into MAX.
- Monitor parts for current RoHS status and maintain information in MAX and electronic files as required.
- Monitor current part costs and keep updated in Costing Module in MAX as directed.
- Review obsolescence and required accounting requested reports quarterly and process per guidelines.
- Review and coordinate In-House printed literature, brochures, and sales tools to ensure stock on hand is acceptable for current needs.
- Maintain required electronic files for Supplier Information, Part Information, Purchase Orders and other files and keep current.
- Accept other responsibilities as assigned to maintain ISO compliance.
- Complete training as identified by standard operating procedures and procedural work instructions.
- Regular attendance is an essential job function.
- Follow all Company policies and procedures relating to confidential proprietary information (CPI) including but not limited to what is outlined in the Confidentiality and Non-Solicitation Agreement.
- Follow Human Resource Handbooks guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of related experience purchasing metal fabrication and machined parts in a manufacturing environment. Electrical component experience desired as well.
- Medical, FDA and OSHA and ISO experience/knowledge preferred.
- Minimum 5 years inventory procurement responsibility in excess of 3 million dollars.
- APICS certification or CPM certification preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills essential.
- High computer proficiency necessary along with MRP system knowledge. Experience with MAX system a Plus.
- Proficient in understanding BOM (Bill of Material) Dependent and Independent Demand relationships.
- Experience in Material Planning and Master Scheduling a Plus.
- Strong negotiation skills with ability to prioritize objectives and monitor forecasts, build schedules and service requirements with limited staff support.
Working Conditions or Physical Requirements
Will be required to regularly sit for extended periods of time; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, talk, hear and see. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or reach with hands and arms. The environment is fast paced; time pressured and requires accuracy. Will be required to regularly multi-task between projects, move throughout the office building and effectively communicate. The normal environment is quiet and typical of an open office setting with some areas that may be louder at times; along with time spent on the production floor, where environment can be louder due to equipment running.
If this sounds like a good fit, please consider submitting your resume and cover letter in the form below.