Responsible for product development of the pulmonary function product line including: identifying potential products, conducting market research, defining product requirements, determining specifications, pricing, marketing plans, launch preparation, forecasting and managing the products throughout their life cycle. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide leadership and manage the development process for the Company’s products and report progress to schedule, and to ensure that product conforms to the specifications required for success in the market. Manage the product portfolio and create business strategies that directly align with corporate strategic initiatives.
- Provide direction for concept throughout development with continuous refinements of business strategies to reach the highest possible market penetration. Working with members of finance, responsible for defining profit and loss targets for product and services sold.
- Shape future development of software applications and capabilities by coordinating market wants, customer requirements and business strategy throughout all stages of a product’s life cycle including concept, product definition, development, release deployment, and post-release activities and ultimately decommissioning.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s products to competitor’s products and drive changes to our products and processes to create improvements.
- Works to increase product market share by working with the Vice President of Marketing and the Global Senior Product Manager to develop product sales strategies.
- Provide applications background and training on products for sales, distribution partners both domestic and international, technical support, field specialists and other departments. This includes assistance in solving product performance issues and vetting product performance plans, and testing new concepts. Developing and/or reviewing product user instruction and documentation (i.e. operator manuals) and the development of approved specialized applications or reports to meet the Company’s business objectives. Assist in the development of product training and continuing education to maximize product sales and utilization. Provide initial and on-going product training to field sales representatives.
- Provide coordination with marketing for the branding “go-to-market” strategy and planning, plan execution tracking, and after sales support. Prepare periodic written and verbal reports to management as required on the progress and issues on assigned projects.
- Act as an information resource for customer service and sales coordination functions in all areas such as installations and upgrades, training, technical services, and marketing communications.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Participate in and support trade & marketing events as well as sales demonstrations as required.
- Accept other responsibilities as assigned.
- AAS or BS in Respiratory Therapy, Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in relevant field including clinical specialists and customer training; International experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Effective presentation and negotiating skills.
- Technical experience such as implementing software or managing specific product lines.
- High level problem solving, project management and organizational skills, along with day-to-day product management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and success in market segmentation, opportunity analysis, business modeling and product strategy.
Working Conditions or Physical Requirements
- Candidate will be required to regularly sit for extended periods of time; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, talk, hear, and see. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or reach with hands and arms. Ability to maneuver demo equipment. The environment is fast-paced; time pressured and requires accuracy. Will be required to regularly multi-task between projects, move throughout the office building and effectively communicate. The normal environment is quiet and typical of an open office setting with some areas that may be louder at times; along with time spent on the production floor, where environment can be louder due to equipment running.
If this sounds like a good fit, please consider submitting your resume and cover letter in the form below.