Provide technical support in an enthusiastic and professional manner. Perform operator training both on-site and in-house, on-site service and sales support as requested. Maintain accurate records for all customer contacts including account, contact, and case records in the CRM database. Provide timely and accurate entry of sales orders and RMAs for service parts. Take ownership of all assigned customer inquiries to ensure resolution of issues.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide prompt and courteous response to customer inquiries, issues or application questions. Transfer unresolved hardware issues to appropriate field service staff. Take responsibility for satisfaction of the customer through ownership of customer issues through resolution.
- Follow procedural work instruction and standard operating procedures for the support department including but not limited to: Technical Support, CRM documentation, Sales Order Entry, RMA entry, HIPAA Security.
- Provide education to customers that will allow them to use MGC Diagnostics products in an efficient manner.
- Responsible for service and support revenue generation including: Referring potential support agreement sales opportunities to UCSA sales team and new system leads to Field Sales Reps, quoting and pursuing software and hardware upgrade sale opportunities, quoting and pursuing software option sales, quoting annual preventive maintenance on systems where preventive maintenance is due and quoting professional services.
- Responsible for attending product, procedure and process in-services as designated by management.
- Responsible for maintaining proficiency in supporting new and existing products. These responsibilities include reading and comprehending manuals, product bulletins, data sheets, training materials and articles as they are released on new and existing products.
- Technical support personnel will maintain close interface with professional services, quality assurance, training, marketing, product management, software engineering, hardware engineering, service and validation staff to successfully support new products and software, and share customer issues.
- Provide technical support to MGCD Sales and International Partners. This support includes, general applications questions and/or product demonstrations, development of sales support materials, development of sales and customer training programs, and all other sales support related projects assigned.
- Provide management with timely reports on recommendations, progress and concerns. Become knowledgeable of accounts and alert management to any potential concerns.
- Accept other responsibilities as assigned.
- Complete training as identified by standard operating procedures and procedural work instructions.
- Regular attendance is an essential job function.
- Follow all Company policies and procedures relating to confidential propriety information (CPI) including but not limited to what is outlined in the Confidentiality and Non-Solicitation Agreement.
- BS, AS, AA in physical sciences, computer science, electronics or biomedical certificate. Exercise Physiology preferred.
- Minimum 2-year previous related work experience.
- Familiarity with medical equipment, or pulmonary and gas exchange equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Working Conditions or Physical Requirements:
Candidate will be required to regularly sit for extended periods of time; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, talk, hear, and see. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or reach with hands and arms. Ability to maneuver demo equipment. The environment is fast-paced; time pressured and requires accuracy. Will be required to regularly multi-task between projects, move throughout the office building and effectively communicate. The normal environment is quiet and typical of an open office setting with some areas that may be louder at times; along with time spent on the production floor, where environment can be louder due to equipment running.
If this sounds like a good fit, please consider submitting your resume and cover letter in the form below.